The decision to undergo cosmetic surgery may not be solely for aesthetic reasons. Cosmetic surgery is also able to provide you with functional improvements. There are many practical benefits that a cosmetic surgery procedure can provide you, including:
- An improved level of self-esteem and confidence by improving your outward appearance can help build or rebuild your confidence, your self-esteem, and your mental health. Even the smallest change in appearance can help you overcome issues and boost your self-confidence.
- An improved level of physical comfort. If you have back problems related to having breasts that are overly large, a breast reduction will help to decrease your level of discomfort and give you the ability to participate in physical activities and exercises that you weren’t previously able to with more ease and comfort.
- An improvement in your health and bodily functions. If you are unable to breathe properly, a rhinoplasty will restructure your nasal air passages giving you the ability to breathe easily.
- An improvement in your lifestyle. When you make the decision to have a cosmetic surgery procedure, you want to keep and maintain your final results. Your diet will improve and you will take better care of yourself.
- An improvement in your heart health. When you undergo liposuction, to remove the fat from your body, you may also be improving your blood pressure as well as lowering your cholesterol levels. Both your blood pressure and your cholesterol levels are important factors in maintaining your heart health.
- An improvement in your vision. A blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, corrects droopy eyelids and removes excess fat and skin in your eyelid area. While it may help improve the physical appearance of your eyelids a blepharoplasty may also improve your vision.
Dr. Scot Glasberg knows that the first step in deciding to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure includes making sure that your surgeon is a board-certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Glasberg and his team are committed to providing you with the best possible results and look forward to scheduling your consultation and answering any questions you may have. To schedule an appointment, please call us at (212) 717-8550.