Plastic Surgery in the Winter
- Posted on: Dec 4 2019
With the holidays quickly approaching and all the time you spend making sure that it goes well, Dr. Scot Glasberg, board-certified plastic surgeon, wants you to take time to think of yourself and your needs. While it’s the busiest time of the year for most people, with long holiday vacations and time off from work, it is also one of the best times to have a surgical or non-surgical plastic surgery procedure. The extended vacation time, especially during the cooler winter weather, will mean you will spend more time indoors, giving you time to focus on the healing you need during your recovery period. Another side benefit is that while you stay indoors you will avoid direct contact with the sun, avoiding the damage that UVA and UVB rays can cause to incision sites.
Some of the most common plastic surgery procedures that Dr. Glasberg performs during the winter season include:
- Breast Augmentation – achieve your goals for your appearance and feel more comfortable in your skin
- Abdominoplasty – to enhance your silhouette and restore your slender appearance
- Liposuction – the compression garments you wear post-procedure can be easily concealed with layers of winter clothing
- Facelift or upper lid blepharoplasty – the recovery time allows you to look refreshed for the new year
- Fillers – helps you restore lost volume in your cheeks or under your eyes, plumping your lips and filling in other deep forehead furrows with immediate results
- BOTOX® Cosmetic – a muscle weakener that softens lines, crow’s feet or frown lines. It usually takes up to two weeks to take effect but there is minimal downtime.
- IPL Treatments or Lasers – for skin resurfacing and pigmentation concerns. Plan for a number of sessions so you can see the results.
Dr. Scot Glasberg knows you want to look your best and now is the perfect time to get ready for the upcoming spring and summer seasons. He knows that the first step in deciding to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure includes making sure that your surgeon is a board-certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Glasberg and his team are committed to providing you with the best possible results and look forward to scheduling your consultation and answer any questions you may have. To schedule an appointment, please call us at (212) 717-8550.